Feb. 1, 2023
• Glendo American Legion Post 15 meets at 7 p.m. the second Monday of each month at the Fire Hall.
• Wheatland City Council meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Council Room of the Wheatland City Hall.
• TOPS - KOPS is now meeting at the Services for Seniors Activity Center at 809 16th Street. Meetings start at 11 a.m. every Monday. Questions? Call: 541-941-0649 or 307-331-2186.
• GED/HiSet testing is offered on the WHS campus Room 140. Schedule an appointment by calling 307-322-2433.
• Chugwater Historical Group meets the third Monday at 7 p.m. in the Chugwater Community Center. We will have varied programs on the history of Wyoming. Call Ruth Vaughn 307-422-3509 for additional information.
• Fair Board Meeting is the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. Please call 307-322-9504 to be on the agenda. *October Meeting will be on Oct. 11.
• Platte County Rural Fire District 2F holds meetings on the second Monday in May, and September at the Glendo Fire Hall and in March, July, and November at the library in Wheatland. Meetings start at 7 p.m. and the public is welcome to attend.
• Adult Support Group for Survivors of Suicide Loss is scheduled to take place on the first Monday of each month at the City of Torrington Lincoln Center Community Room from 6:30-8 p.m. For more information, call Peak Wellness Center at 307-532-4091.
• Platte County Chapter Constitution Party 2023 meetings are scheduled for Jan. 9, April 10, and October 10, at the Platte County Library, 904 9th Street, at 6 p.m. For more information call Miriam at 307-532-6065 or Rex at 307-735-4103.
•The Platte County Weed and Pest Control District will hold its regular monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month. The meeting time will be 6:30 p.m. during the months of April through September and 5:30 p.m. during the months of October through March. Regular monthly meetings are held at the Weed and Pest office located at 506 Schroeder Street in Wheatland. The public is welcome to attend.
• Platte County Anglers Club meet the second Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Chugwater Community Center. 307-365-1110.
• Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meets in Guernsey at the Senior Citizens Center every Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
• Platte County Fire District 1F. Meets the second Tuesday each month at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at the Training facility on Cole Street.
• V.F.W. Ladies Auxiliary meetings are every second Tuesday of the month. For more information, please call Ruth Herdt at 307-322-2358.
• Lions Club meets Tuesdays at noon at the Country Club. Contact Bill Templar at 307-322-3175 for more information. The Wheatland Chapter of the Lions Club International now has eyeglasses drop off boxes at the following locations: Safeway, Food Pride, Platte County Library and Platte County Treasurer’s Office. Please drop off any unused eyeglasses and reading glasses at these locations. Chugwater drop point is at the Community Center
• Attention current VFW Members and eligible veterans: enjoy camaraderie, serve your community and fellow veterans; attend the Wheatland VFW meeting on the first Tuesday monthly at 7:30 p.m., corner of 9th and Mason Street.
•American Legion Auxiliary John Prince Unit 15 of Glendo meets the first Tuesday of each month at Glendo Town Hall at 4 p.m.
• Platte County Commissioners meet first and third Tuesday of every month at the Commissioners’ Room of the Platte County Court House in Wheatland.
• The Platte County Resource District will meet the second Tuesday of each month at 4 p.m. in the office conference room at 504C Schroeder Drive in Wheatland. The public is invited to attend our meetings. Please contact the PCRD at 307-322-8145 for further information.
• Guernsey Town Council meets on the first and third Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 81 West Whalen in Guernsey.
• Town & Country Garden Club meet every fourth Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. at the Platte County Public Library Meeting Room.
• Platte County Historical Society meets the last Tuesday of each month. Programs are held at the Platte County Library at 7 p.m. and are free and open to all. For details, call 307-322-2205.
• The AARP Safe Driver’s Course is held periodically in Wheatland. Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members, per person and you must attend the all-day class to receive a certificate. Call 307-322-3424 for more info, or to sign up.
•American Legion Auxiliary Ora Call Unit meets the third Tuesday of the month at Vimbos. Lunch is at 11:30 a.m. and the meeting begins at noon.
• Platte County Fire District 1F meets the second Tuesday each month at 6 pm. Meetings are held at the Training facility on Cole Street.
•Platte County Lodging Tax Board meeting every third Tuesday. Meetings are held at the Chamber of Commerce at 11 a.m.
• The Platte County Republican Party meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Community By Grace Church, 91 South Wheatland Highway.
• The Platte County Hospital District will hold Board Meetings on the fourth Wednesdays of each month at 2 p.m. For more information, contact Candy Wright at 307-322-3977.
•Wheatland Bible Church – Pioneers for Christ (ages 4 through 6th grade) will meet from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Youth Group (7th-12th grade) will meet from 5:30-7:45 p.m. Dinner is served at 5:30 p.m.
• Kiwanis Club of Wheatland meets every Wednesday, noon at Guadalajara’s. Guests are always welcome. For more information, call 307-322-9250.
• KIDS CLUB for K-5th grade will meet each Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. at First Baptist Church. For more information or rides, please contact First Baptist Church at 307-322-3676
• Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) “Living Sober” Group. Open Meeting 7 p.m. First Christian Church, 95 19th Street in Wheatland, use the southwest entrance.
• Memorial Baptist More ‘Bout Christ (ages 5 years through 5th grade) meets at 6:30 p.m.
• Old Grads meet the second Wednesday of the month January through June. If interested in attending, for time and location call 307-331-4147.
• Platte County Parks and Recreation Special District Board Meeting Dates: third Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. at the Platte County Parks and Recreation office, 93 Recreation Drive, Wheatland. The May meeting will be held in the Chugwater School Commons and the October meeting will be held at the Glendo school lunchroom. The December meeting will be the second Wednesday of December, Dec. 13.
• Are you interested in your family’s genealogy? Family History Center: Open to the community Wednesday 6:30-8:30 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints church building located at 2956 South Street. For more information or to make an appointment for an alternate time, call or text Robert Christensen at 307-359-3509 or Shellie Christensen at 307-359-366
• Services for Seniors, Inc. monthly Board meeting is the second Thursday of every month, at 11 a.m. at the Main Center, 1605 16th Street, Rotated to Chugwater, Glendo and Guernsey during the three summer months (June, July and August). Call 307-322-3424 for more information.
• Open Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Meetings in Glendo at 7 p.m. at the Glendo Community Church at 118 North Paige Avenue in Glendo.
• Unstructured Bible Study every Thursday at 7 p.m. at Church of the Nazarene, 406 12th Street in Wheatland. For more information call 307-322-2111
• American Legion Ora Call Post 10 meets the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the VFW. For more information call 307-331-3183.
• Antelope Gap Rural Fire District will meet the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Antelope Gap fire hall at 1093 Antelope Gap Road. The public is welcome to attend. Please call 307-331-0779 or email [email protected] for more information.
• Pheasants Forever meetings every fourth Thursday, 7 p.m. in Vimbo’s.
•Wheatland Masonic Lodge No. 16 meets on the first and third Thursday at 7:30 p.m. each month. Call 307-421-7748 for more information.
•Wheatland Chapter No.11 OES meets on the second Thursday at 7:30 p.m. each month.
• Every third Thursday from 5-7 p.m., ham and bean supper at the VFW Hall, everyone is welcome!
• Platte County Toast Masters Club: Meeting Dates second Thurs of every month from 6-7 p.m. at Platte Valley Bank, fourth Thursday of every month from noon to 1 p.m. at Laramie River Station.
• Platte County Search and Rescue meets on the second Thursday of odd numbered months at 6 p.m. at the Wheatland Fire Training Center. Interested persons welcome to attend.
• Platte County Shooting Association meeting the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Wheatland Library
• Narcotics Anonymous (NA) “No Matter What” Group. Open Meeting at 7 p.m. First Christian Church, 95 19th Street in Wheatland, use the southwest entrance.
• Platte County Chamber meetings are the third Thursday of every month at noon. The meetings take place at Platte County Chamber of Commerce 65 16th Street.
• Captain Michael S. Walker Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol (CAP), cadet members ages 12-18 meet every Thursday evening from 6-8:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory. For more information, call Lt. Col. Susan McDonald 307-331-5936 or by email at [email protected]
• Line Dancers – Dust off your dancing shoes and join us at the senior center. The line dancers will meet every Friday at 9 a.m. on the corner of 16th and Walnut. Come and join them! For more information call 307-322-3424.
• Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) step/book study meeting at 7 p.m. at the First Christian Church, 95 19th Street, Wheatland, use the southwest entrance.
• Discovering you need a job or a better one, but you don’t have a high-school diploma? Change that situation now by attending high-school equivalency classes at the old junior high, 1150 Pine Street. Registration at 10 a.m. on Fridays. Call 307-322-2433 for more info.
• Platte County Senior Citizen Service District Board Meeting - third Friday of the month at 10 a.m. held at Activities Center at 809 16th Street, Wheatland.
• Non-denominational Celebrate Recovery meets Saturday at 5 p.m. for meal and 6 p.m. for meeting. Held at Impact Ministries at 956 Maple Street. For more information call Shirley at 307-322-1202.
• Third Saturday of each month Elizabeth Ramsey Chapter of DAR meets in the basement meeting room in the Platte County Public Library at 1 p.m.
• Platte County Art Guild meets the fourth Saturday of the month at different locations. Membership is open to all, and visitors are welcome. For more information, call Bonnie Parker at 307-269-0042.
• Guernsey VFW Post 4471 Pancake Breakfast last Sunday of each month.
• Memorial Baptist Youth Group meets from 6-8 p.m. (grades 6-12) at the Memorial Baptist Church.